March 20, 2010 at 9:49 am Leave a comment

That’s really just what our life is all about. Matt likes to say we are jinxed but I just think it’s crazy. Here is a list of what has happened to us in the past week and a half or so.

1. 3/9 Matt goes to an after hours clinic because of a possible sinus infection. The nurse takes his blood pressure, tells him it’s “stroke out” high, and then sends him to the ER in an ambulance.

2. Matt stays in the ER from 8 PM to 1 AM. The doctors cannot figure out what’s wrong, but do rule out a few things and get his b/p down to 166/88 and discharge him.

3. The next morning we see our internist who wants to run a whole bunch of tests to rule out some crazy things like renal artery stenosis ( yeah – that’s related to the kidneys but unrelated to the boys’ PKD) and some other things.

4. On Thursday morning, Matt has an MRI of his kidneys and renal gland at 7 AM. At 3 PM we see a nephrologist at Montifiore who was squeezing us in as a favor to a friend.  Matt’s potassium had been low in the ER so she is wondering if it is something related to his adrenal gland. His b/p is still high ranging around 140/100.  She says to run all of the tests that were ordered and then come back and see her with all of the results. The MRI was clear so he does not have renal artery stenosis.

5. Matt has an echocardiogram. Still not 100% sure of these results, but think it’s okay.

6. We squeeze in going to Max’s last basketball game amongst our craziness. Trying to keep things as normal as possible for the boys.

7. On Saturday, I have an all day PKD educational seminar in Manhattan. I leave this early to get home to go to a sonogram with Matt at 3 PM. The technician is annoying and won’t tell us anything!

8. We leave the sonogram to eat dinner at our friends’ house, the one who has been watching the boys for us. There is a crazy wind/rain storm going on. We leave her house and drive home. On the way home a huge tree falls on a car three cars in front of us. The people have to climb out the back of their jeep. Their car is smoking. It was crazy!

9. We get home and pull into our garage. I get out of the car and hear a huge noise. It’s our neighbors tree falling into our front yard and hitting our tree and the light and telephone wires. The lights on the street go out but ours stay on because we are on a corner. The boys freak out and sleep on the floor in our room because their room is right next to where the big tree fell and there is another equally big tree waiting to fall. About 9 PM the wires are sparking and finally spark enough to take out our electricity.

10. Sunday, March 14th. Gabe’s Birthday party is scheduled for 12 PM at our house. We have no electricity, no phone, and a huge tree down in our front yard blocking our front door. I cannot find anyone’s phone number but want to do the party. Right at noon a huge rainstorm happens and everyone who could get to the party gets soaked. Four people couldn’t even get to the party. Some say it took them 20-30 minutes to try to get to our house before they turned around. There were trees down everywhere. At the top of our street you couldn’t turn right or left because there was a tree down on both sides.

11. Great birthday party amongst the craziness!!!

12. Our lights stay out until Tuesday night. Monday night it goes down into the 30’s and is pretty cold in our house. Monday the boys didn’t even have school because the city felt it was too dangerous to have the buses going around picking up the kids. Gabe didn’t even have school Tuesday or Wednesday because his nursery school was without power.

13. Friday, 3/19, we still don’t know what is going on with Matt. He had to do a 24 hour urine test, fun, and some of the numbers were off but our internist isn’t concerned. It took all week for our internist to get us the results…. we are now looking for a new internist. Meanwhile we have to take all of the results back to the nephrologist and see what she says. His b/p is still high. The top number is staying around 140 or 150.

This is our crazy life. Now……. no one was hurt in the storm, which is a major thing. And our house is fine. But, I am so worried about Matt and the extra stress of the huge tree in our front yard isn’t helping. Oh, and did I say that it is our neighbor’s tree but if your neighbors tree falls into your yard it is your responsibility to clean it up. And did I say that it is a huge, well over 50 feet, pine tree? And did I tell you that our neighbor made sure to cut away the five feet of the tree that was blocking his driveway but left the rest for us. And the city doesn’t care and the cable and phone companies don’t care even though the tree is hanging on their wires. Our neighbor told us his tree guy would charge him 1000 dollars to take away his part and charge us 2400 to take away the part on our property. His tree that is on our property. Unbelievable!!!!!!! So right now as I type this Matt is outside with a saw and another nicer neighbor trying to partially get rid of this tree.

Jinxed or just plain craziness… who really knows. If it were not so crazy it might actually be funny. Maybe???


Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Happy Birthday, Gabriel!!!!! Monday Memories

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

March 2010
« Feb   Apr »

%d bloggers like this: